Thursday 5 July 2012

Remember our children!

This post has been nagging at me for the last few hours, although in reality this post has been sitting on the back burner for a few weeks!


As of yesterday, the autism community has been in an uproar over a mindless, extremely hurtful and spiteful comment by the rapper known as 50 Cents.


This made me stand up and decide to speak my mind.... right now!!!


First of all I want to mention Jenny McCarthy. I am sure that you all know who she is. If you don't... then perhaps you don't have a child with autism. I am not going to wax lyrical about this warrior mummy ~ it you would like to learn more about her, just hit google... although you may be tied up for days because there is a shit load of information out there!


The next person I would like to highlight is the man himself 50 Cent. Just click on his name and that will take you to his Wikipedia page!


The last person I want to add to this post is Holly Robinson Peete. Holly is a extremely classy lady who I admire and respect. However, even she has risen to the bait and pulled out all the stops to make a point!


If you have a child or a teenager or an adult with autism, then you will know that within the autism community, parents are extremely quick to judge one another. The infighting is horrific. The arguing over different therapies, to do or not do biomedical and the various diets can cause a lot of nastiness. I find the anger and hate absolutely mind boggling!


My point IS.......... 


Parents, people, teachers, therapists....


ANY PERSON who is involved with autism...... 


PLEASE remember the children!!


Let the BIG names come out with the big guns. 


It doesn't matter if you don't agree with them. So what, who cares what they do.... What YOU must do is concentrate on your own child and the life that you lead. Why let the anger burn you, take hold of your emotions, cause you to get out there and fight. Each time you focus on the negativity you are losing that precious time with your child.


You are the most important person to your child. Don't waste your anger on something that you can do nothing about.  I have seen a lot of blogs berating Jenny McCarthy and 50 Cents.... don't waste your emotion and your energy.


Keep it for


YOUR CHILD!


Thank you for reading this post. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Please leave a comment ~ I will always reply! x