Monday 10 December 2012

Hiding away...

Its been a while since I have thought about this blog....

I know that I should be connecting with other *autism* mums out there...

I know that the support received from parents who *get it* would help me tremendously...

I just haven't been available...

I am just tired, so tired of living with autism....

Is this it?

Is this my life?

Is this my future?

I read blogs written by autistic adults. They make me feel bad. They say I must accept my child as he is.

I do accept him. I do love him with all of my being.

But life is hard.

Its not what I thought my life would be....

I am tired, so tired...

I need to go looking for more mums, more support and more understanding...

Are you out there?



2 comments:

  1. I think there is support out there; does your community through the school system have a support system for parents with autistic kids? I think it is very challenging to have an autistic child (mine is 27 now, she has Asperger's, it was challenging dealing with all the issues when she lived at home). I think the help you can get and the support you can get will be very beneficial for you. Keep looking for it and reaching out; I'm sure there are others looking and reaching out too help get through these challenging times!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment, Betty. I will keep looking and am sure that there are other parents out there that I can connect with. I guess it just takes time to create the relationships. Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Please leave a comment ~ I will always reply! x