Sunday 13 May 2012

A touch of a cold....

I have a sick boy... Well, he is not that sick, just a bit of a stuffy nose and feeling under the weather. 


I had all sorts of plans of things to do with him this weekend.  Anyone who knows autism will be aware that engaging with our kids can be incredibly difficult. My son would much rather spend all of his time on the computer or iPad than actually *do* any type of activity with me!! :-)


He scuppered my plans by getting sick! I figured there was no point making too much of an effort, when he really is feeling lousy! So, I stepped back and let him spend his precious time doing what he loves best....


Me? Well I also took it easy!! We have plenty of time.......

2 comments:

  1. Hope your son feels better soon; I do understand how difficult it can be to engage them, my daughter, now 26, has Asperger's syndrome. She enjoyed reading over spending time with family.

    Hope you have a nice Mother's Day :)

    (in answer to your question, the bench is in Coronado California looking over to downtown San Diego; I live in San Diego County :)

    have a good day!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the delay in checking my blog!!! Thankfully my boy has recovered and is back to his normal self! :)
    San Diego sounds like a great place to live.
    Thank you for taking the time to comment.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Please leave a comment ~ I will always reply! x